Celesta Piano Studio offers lessons throughout the year:
1. First Term: September to December
2. Second Term: January to June
3. Summer Session: Six weeks in July and August
30-minute, 45-minute and 60-minute private lessons are available, once a week.
Lessons include exercises in music theory, ear-training and sight-reading. Music history is also discussed.
Emphasis is placed on the study of classical repertoire. However, popular and jazz as well as special holiday music are used as supplementary pieces.
Lessons are structured to fit each student’s ability, level of playing and personal goals.
There are a number of performance opportunities available throughout the year for students to attend and/or share their music:
- Celesta Piano Studio Student Recitals (Phillip T. Young Recital Hall, University of Victoria).
- Celesta Piano Studio Masterclasses (informal group classes).
- Celesta Piano Studio Concerts at various senior homes.
- The Greater Victoria Performing Arts Festival.
- BC Registered Music Teachers’ Association Student Recitals.
Students preparing for Royal Conservatory of Music Piano Exams are expected to perform at all Celesta Piano Studio Student Recitals and Masterclasses as well as the Greater Victoria Performing Arts Festival.